WHAT IS LANAP?
An FDA-cleared laser treatment called the LANAP protocol offers a less painful, more successful treatment alternative to conventional gum surgery.
LANAP is the only scientifically, research proven methodology that results in true periodontal regeneration, new bone growth and gum tissue reattachment.
The LANAP treatment is one of the most successful protocols in treating gum disease because it can target the source of the inflammation without hurting or removing any healthy gum tissue, slow or stop attachment loss and decrease pocket depth, allowing the body to recover from the chronic infection without the need for scalpel or sutures.
Dr. Joel Henriod is certified in LANAP. Dr. Henriod is one of the most experienced dentists in the country with LANAP and has completed thousands of cases.
ADVANTAGES OF LANAP
- Significantly less recovery time vs. traditional gum surgery (back to work the next day)
- Laser use avoids the need for stitching
- little to no pain (patients usually use 1 to 2 doses of over the counter pain medicine)
- As good if not better results than traditional gum surgery
- Fewer visits (Dr. Henriod usually completes procedure in one 4 hour visit with sedation or 2 two hour visits without sedation).