Many of our patients struggle with discolored teeth. The good news is that we offer four whitening packages at StarWhite Dental — from in-office treatments to at-home whitening kits.
The tooth whitening process of your choice, however, should be based on the underlying factor of tooth discoloration. Therefore it is best to first figure out what causes discolored teeth in the first place. We have outlined them below!
- Genetics. There are individuals who are born with enamel that is thinner than normal. The teeth appear more yellow due to the underlying dentin.
- Certain medical conditions such as extreme cases of fluorosis and certain types of fungal infection. Improper development of the enamel may also be a result of amelogenesis or dentinogenesis.
- Use of certain medications such as tetracycline during pregnancy (this affects the child rather than the mother) and early childhood. Certain antihistamines and antidepressants have also been shown to cause tooth discoloration.
- Poor dental hygiene (brushing, flossing, regular dental cleanings)
- Chronic smoking
- Certain foods such as coffee, wine, tea, and dark-colored sodas
Tooth whitening at StarWhite Dental
At StarWhite Dental we use the Opalescence whitening product line. Opalescence products contain PF, which helps prevent cavities, reduce tooth sensitivity, and improve overall health of your enamel. Opalescence is only available through our office.
Set up an appointment with the StarWhite today and we’ll help you decide which tooth whitening option is best for you. Call 951-698-4426 to schedule an appointment!