Is smiling for a photo-shoot uncomfortable? If your answer is yes, and you avoid smiling because of a missing or discolored tooth, a crown can offer a long-term solution.
- Crowns are strong and completely natural-looking. A damaged tooth or a tooth that is off-color, oddly shaped or out of alignment can be entirely “capped” and strengthened using a crown. Crowns are also used to attach bridges, protect a severely decayed or weak tooth from breaking or restore a tooth that is already broken. Additionally, a crown can sit atop a dental implant, providing natural shape and structure.
- A crown can also improve the alignment of your teeth and your “”
- Unlike dentures, which are removable, crowns are cemented onto your existing teeth and can only be removed by your dentist.
- At StarWhite Dental, we use the new CEREC crown technology – which means that your crown can be done in one visit, instead of two or three.
- CEREC’s precise 3-D technology allows us to create a unique, custom crown that fits your tooth perfectly and is completely bio-compatible with your mouth and other teeth. It offers many advantages over other types of restorations.
- The CEREC system eliminates the need for a temporary crown. This is great news, because some teeth become sensitive while wearing a temporary crown and may require a root canal to alleviate the sensitivity.
- With CEREC, we can conserve as much healthy tooth structure as possible and create attractive results while offering our you a more pleasant and convenient experience.
- Although crowns can last a lifetime, the most important thing you can do to ensure that they do is to practice good oral hygiene. A crowned tooth does not require special care, but the underlying tooth can still decay and the surrounding gum tissue is still susceptible to gum disease. Keep your gums and teeth healthy by brushing and flossing daily – especially around the crown. Using an anti-bacterial mouth rinse can also help.
- Visit StarWhite Dental regularly for checkups and professional cleanings.
Get your smile ready for those spring and summer camera moments!
Call our office to book a consultation appointment and to learn more about the revolutionary CEREC crown technology: (951) 698-4426.